Recipes. Musings. Portland. Tucson. Fusing Cultures Through Cuisine
This is a simple curry that comes together very quickly. The coconut milk is not necessary, if you would like a lighter curry you can just simmer with a little bit of water. Make sure to have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
Seeds from 3 cardamom pods
1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3 cups of shredded cabbage
½ cup coconut milk
½ teaspoons of garam masala
1) Add two tablespoons of oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1-2 minutes till the seeds become lightly aromatic.
2) Add the jalapenos and fry for 1 minute.
3) Bring the temperature to low heat and add ginger and garlic, sauté for another minute.
4) Add turmeric, cumin and coriander. Fry for another 30 seconds.
5) Add cabbage and a teaspoon of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
6) Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Finally add the garam masala Check for seasoning. Serve with Rice or quinoa.